Pages

Friday 13 April 2012

Blogging for calm

An experiment in procrastination 

This year is my second year of law in Melbourne and I have slowly but surely come to the realisation that if I don't do anything but law, I may just die. As a course the JD is all consuming, amazing, exhausting, exhilarating and everything in between. However, I cannot go on like last year- as a mad woman constantly rushing against the clock to get to class, home, work, yoga, work and bed. I just don't have enough energy to be rushing all about.

So, this year I have made some small changes. Nothing major. I am still a law student but I am now learning to breath and smile and enjoy my classes without the mad rush. It's not worth it and it doesn't get me better grades or relationships or anything.

Small changes include mostly quitting sugar (still have fruit and easter goods) taking up running again, spending more time in Wye River (pictured) and in just generally in places that force me to feel calm.

Something about going back to the beach and seeing nothing but water or bush is just oh so soothing. Through this little page I am hoping to blog it up about ways to feel calm and rush-free. Even when i'm back at uni and not in my easter-break-uni-free state of mind- even in SWOTVAC. Perhaps maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment at your leisure to engage/enrage me.